Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload limit

Hi ,
    I tried to upload a 10k pdf file and i received an pop up message with a limit of 2000 byte only.
    it's actually a very small file.

10kb or 10mb?

Made an adjustment... you should be good now.
    Last edited by kevin keith; 09-22-2016, 11:52 AM. Reason: added last line
    Kook on a wood board.

Comment

all good now .thanks you

Comment

i was kind of bummed when I tried to upload more than 5 photos in one post.
        Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Monast View Post
          Just upload your pics through an external host (ie photobucket) - makes it so that the pics show up bigger in the thread, don't use server space here and you can use the same pic in other threads easily.

Comment

We can look into it. In the mean time, if you need to post more pics (and we all like pics) just do additional posts.

Originally posted by Stew View Post

Just upload your pics through an external host (ie photobucket) - makes it so that the pics show up bigger in the thread, don't use server space here and you can use the same pic in other threads easily.
            The problem with external hosting shows itself later down the road when members move on or have to thin their files to create more space.... then the photos go missing from our threads. Nothing worse when doing research to find the photo you were hoping to see again is no longer available. The size we have set is a rather nice usable size while still being gentle on server space & bandwidth.

Kook on a wood board.

Comment

After I saw the 5 pic limit I decided to limit the post to the most relevant photos even though I have several more.

Would it it be best to save to google drive and upload from there? I hate online hosting like photobucket it's too much hassle for me

Comment

I would love to contribute my build. I am not able to upload even a single image off my phone. My Iphone pics are about 3 times too large. I understand but bummed nonetheless. I understand the workaround but would be easier to just do from my phone in my brief spare moments.

Comment

Get the free "Simple Resize App". It takes just seconds to convert a picture and send it smaller. It avoids a lot of dump and finally server costs. Its a little step, if you want to post, but its worth it for the community. I post all my pictures from my Iphone, using this App and its finally something that bugs me too, but maybe in the future Apple allows resizing of pictures prior to sending it, the the problem will be gone forever. As far as I know, Android phones can already do it, but I'm not sure. Or even better, the forums software will integrate it some day...
                  The best surfer is the one with the biggest smile on his face...

Comment

Thanks! I just got the app and will give it a try.

Comment

I have iPhone and I use an app called resize it. It's quick and easy but now I have duplicates of all the photos

Comment

I have iPhone and I use an app called resize it. It's quick and easy but now I have duplicates of all the photos
                        Where does the resized image get stored? Within the app or your 'camera roll'? I would just delete the resized image after posting since the posted image will be on the server.
                        Kook on a wood board.

Comment

It gets stored in the camera roll, so you usually got two pictures next to each other, the last one is the smaller one. By now I did not delete them, which is nice if you have to post a picture again, like the one in my post, which did not show up on your page, remember it?

Actually it is good, that we enabled the edit feature. I usually post longer posts from my PC at work or Ipad and put the pictures in via Iphone, using the edit function, this avoids nasty small typing on the phone, but I'm able to put the pics in, without transfering them first...
                          Last edited by Surfdude; 10-06-2016, 01:51 PM.
                          The best surfer is the one with the biggest smile on his face...

Comment

Working...
                          X