Screening Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screening Room

I saw this video and thought I would share it here.
    Feel free to post your favorite videos.
    A group of surfers in California have been working for years on perfecting the ability to ride waves without surfboards. Here are some of their exploits. Made…

These guys have managed to take the wood out of hws and leave just the hollow.

Comment

“Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity” – Charles Mingus

Comment

The most complex and complicated solutions, are often created by non talented people...
        The best surfer is the one with the biggest smile on his face...

Comment

Bit of a walk back, but I'm sure it's worth it.

Comment

Nice one Shain! It would be nice to have a long ride like that one.
            The drone pilot was very smooth too.
            Kook on a wood board.

Comment

The only drawback is paddling back into the lineup, maybe its easier to walk...

Comment

This is a really neat idea. Looks like a lot of work but I dig the repurposing approach. Taking something you love that can no longer be used and turning it into something else that you love!
                My latest project, a hollow 6'4 fish surfboard made from old recycled skateboard decks! More info at http://www.boboholm.com Camera & edit : Patricia…

Comment

Here's the test drive. Again, playing the cards he's dealt.
                  A short edit from surfing the reto fish the other day(the surfboard is made from old broken recycled skateboard decks) Its not the cleanest days or big waves,…

Comment

It was a bummer that it went from sanding small pieces of the skate deck to a finished fish. I would have liked to see everything in between.
                    Kook on a wood board.

Comment

Cool board; love the fins. Wish I could have seen more of the build; the board appears to be made of all small pieces of which I have plenty.
                      Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, actually. It's still an inspiring idea though

Comment

These guys are crazy!!!
                          For Icelandic surfers, chasing waves along the country's frigid shores comes naturally. For everyone else, it's a lesson in punishment.
                          Kook on a wood board.

Comment

Definitely crazy, I would not want to duckdive in waters around the freezing point...

A little bit warmer, but nice to watch, especially the second part, with music of the Roling Stones:

https://vimeo.com/162136704

Thanks to 45South for the link!
                            Last edited by Surfdude; 01-13-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Just found:

Surf Riders Hawaii, early 19th..., you can even see some hotcurls...
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fsHWcPucL9M

Comment

Working...
                              X