Announcement

Collapse

Legal Disclaimer!

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of WOODBOARDFORUM.COM. The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that WOODBOARDFORUM.COM has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message via PM to one of the administrators. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

No images, texts etc., which are under copyright of others should be used without permission of the rights holder. Woodboardforum will not be liable for any such infringement.
See more
See less

Ormond by the Sea Wooden Surfboard Gathering.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ormond by the Sea Wooden Surfboard Gathering.

This marks the 10th year I've been building wooden surfboards. I've invested a lot of time and meet a lot of good people. Building wood boards has been a nice way to combine my loves of surfing and woodworking. It's been a journey that I wouldn't trade for anything. This year I will host a gathering for builders and interested people. The event will be held at Renick park which is just down the road a couple blocks from my house. If you are interested check out the link. There is a loose itinerary and details about the venue. Cheers,
    On October 13, 14 & 15th there will be a gathering for builders of wooden surfboards.  The venue will be held at Renick Park in Ormo...
    Last edited by woodylogic; 07-06-2017, 02:59 PM.

There are a lot of people to contact to help get out the word about this event. I'm getting a new appreciation for all the different ways to build a wood board. I contacted Paul Jensen and he has other plans. My friends at Blind Dog will be coming down and staying at my house. I'm hoping some of the guys here will be able to attend.
    Last edited by woodylogic; 07-13-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

This sounds like fun, if nothing gets in the way of my schedule I'll drive up on Saturday or Sunday for a surf and beach day
      Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway.

Comment

Unfortunately Ormond Beach is some 5000 Miles away. I hope the get-together will be a success and that lots of enthusiasts will appear. Good Look. I like the idea! do not forget to promote our forum!
        The best surfer is the one with the biggest smile on his face...

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for your support. Grant I look forward to meeting you. You are welcome. Surfdude, I'm having a good time living at the beach. If the event is a success that's good. I'm not worried about it. It's about meeting other people. I like to see the positive and share. It all comes back in one way or another.

Cheers

Comment

I'm not far away, so the wife and I should be able to make it!

Comment

Breadfan, It will be good to meet you and your wife. My girlfriend Julie will be there also. She loves to take pictures. My plan is to set-up my sun shield canopy probably south of the beach walk at Renick Park. I'll hang out all day Saturday and Sunday. Who knows maybe there will be some fun surf.

I've also contact Grain Surfboards and sent them some posters. It'd be nice to meet that crew.

Last edited by woodylogic; 07-26-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I will be there. I have family there and worked on the Beach Patrol during college in the 70's. Now I have a target date for finishing the two boards that I am working on.

Comment

Alright Carl, I look forward to meeting you.

Comment

Working...
                  X