New to WBF (and surfing)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to WBF (and surfing)

I have lived on the west coast of Florida for 36 years and finally made it over to Cocoa Beach and tried surfing for the first time last month. Absolutely loved it! I cannot wait to go again.

I have been a hobbyist woodworker for 20+ years, so naturally I have been thinking non-stop about building my first board. Countless hours on YouTube and Google searches finally brought me here. Can't wait to get started on my first board. I know that I won't get a chance to surf often, and am not even sure what style/size of board to build. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for any feedback you might have and all the wonderful posts that I have been pouring over since I found the site.

Hey Mark, Welcome to wbf. I live in Ormond by the Sea on the Atlantic side of FL. I'm glad you're getting out and enjoying the surf when you can. If you're interested check out my blog and YouTube channel. I'd be happy to share my plans and methods.

Stay stoked, Dennis

Builder/shaper of hollow wood surfboards. The shop is located in Ormond Beach, Florida. For more information email, woodylogicsurf@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by TampaMark View Post
      I have lived on the west coast of Florida for 36 years and finally made it over to Cocoa Beach and tried surfing for the first time last month. Absolutely loved it! I cannot wait to go again.

I have been a hobbyist woodworker for 20+ years, so naturally I have been thinking non-stop about building my first board. Countless hours on YouTube and Google searches finally brought me here. Can't wait to get started on my first board. I know that I won't get a chance to surf often, and am not even sure what style/size of board to build. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for any feedback you might have and all the wonderful posts that I have been pouring over since I found the site.
      Hi,
      In advance to all the thing you can find here you can look at my video build:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2hi6shWmHk&t=102s

Comment

Welcome Mark!
        Kook on a wood board.

Comment

Working...
        X