Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomo vanguard style

HI everyone,
    i started a new project long ago and only now i have time to start working on it again.
    the new surfboard is a Tomo vanguard style 28 Liter , 5'6 for kitesurf.
    i will add some more pictures with any progress that i will make.
    the surf board will include channel in the back and i will upload some pictures abut it as well
    enjoy the pictures :-)
    Last edited by ShaharD; 11-06-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

This is the rails stage , the rails made with bead and cove method as you can see in the tip of the strips picture .

Comment

Great to see a new build from you! Thanks for sharing!

Since I have also problems gluing bottom panels, if the rib contours are to extreme, it looks that you do face the same problem.
          If I look carefully at the last two pictures, I see quite a big gap between the bottom and the ribs (pic 2 from right, last rib).
          What are your plans now, filling the gap or do something else.
          I will avoid those problems in my future builds, either by not designing extreme contours, or using very thin bottom sheets, maybe using veneer, and laminate a few of them. But I'm convinced that for wooden boards in general it is better to design according to the specs of the wood, finally meaning avoiding the necessity to bend extremly, by using rounder curves and larger bending aereas...

Good luck during the progress!
          The best surfer is the one with the biggest smile on his face...

Comment

Originally posted by Olddude View Post
            Great to see a new build from you! Thanks for sharing!

Since I have also problems gluing bottom panels, if the rib contours are to extreme, it looks that you do face the same problem.
            If I look carefully at the last two pictures, I see quite a big gap between the bottom and the ribs (pic 2 from right, last rib).
            What are your plans now, filling the gap or do something else.
            I will avoid those problems in my future builds, either by not designing extreme contours, or using very thin bottom sheets, maybe using veneer, and laminate a few of them. But I'm convinced that for wooden boards in general it is better to design according to the specs of the wood, finally meaning avoiding the necessity to bend extremly, by using rounder curves and larger bending aereas...

Good luck during the progress!
            thanks ,
            about the extreme bottom contours, the wedge is doing a good job , but i have to say that i spray water on it and leave it in the rocker table with the wedge for a few days to let it have the shape of the contour before i glue it, in fact it did help , after that i glue it with the wedge again, i will upload a picture with the bottom contour to let you see the final result after gluing.
            about the big gap in the last rib , it's catch my friend's eye also , it is actually for the channel , i need to cut the bottom planks and raise it towards the rib , i will upload a picture about that to but you can see in my avatar picture the final result.

Comment

Nice looking build. I love seeing something new even if it means I've been doing it a more tedious way. Using a router and table to make notches for the chine strip is genius. It definitely beats cutting them by hand I assume.

What size chine and b&c do you use? It looks really small, well small compared to the "heavy duty" 3/8 inch thick b&c I use. I know I over build though.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipjohnw View Post
                Nice looking build. I love seeing something new even if it means I've been doing it a more tedious way. Using a router and table to make notches for the chine strip is genius. It definitely beats cutting them by hand I assume.

What size chine and b&c do you use? It looks really small, well small compared to the "heavy duty" 3/8 inch thick b&c I use. I know I over build though.
                Thanks,
                the bead and cove idea is of cures not mine , i learn in from the old forum .
                this is the 2 router bits that i used :
                https://pillowbread.com/products/flute-bead-router-bit

the chine if i understand you correct (the middle part of the fish bone) is 6 mm.
                i will upload some more picture very soon .

Comment

I made some progress on the channel
                  and i have some more work on the channel like more sharp V tail in the middle of the channel .
                  Last edited by ShaharD; 11-10-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

that picture show the concave depth

Comment

Working...
                    X