Views:	38
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	7688Click image for larger version

Name:	20190427_094147.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	7689
    Sanding the front half of a deck panel.
    This vac is great because you can plug tools into it and it turns on and off when you turn the tool on and off.
    the sander is good because it has 2 settings. Big swirls 6.8mm and little 2.8mm. 150mm pad.
    There is hardly any dust when using them together.
    Attached Files

Nice bit of convenience. And the panel looks great.
    I use a dust separator to prolong the filter...... https://www.rockler.com/dust-right-dust-separator
    Kook on a wood board.

Comment

Interesting, that you sand the panel before mounting it onto the frame. I usually sand prior to glassing or after a cheater coater, when the panel is already mounted. But you may sand the interior side, to improve gluing? since my wood usually is planed, I do not do this too...
      My sander is more a car polisher, wtih different pads; unfortunately there is device to connect it to the vaccuum. I can only use my jigsaw with a vaccum cleaner or my band sander, which I usually do just use for the tail to get it straight...
      The best surfer is the one with the biggest smile on his face...

Comment

I typically use a handheld belt sander. If I am feeling fancy I have access to a 22" drum sander. If that still isn't big enough the same shop has a 37" wide belt sander, but it's more of a pain to use.

Comment

This panel is for a compsand. The panels are never perfectly glued so yes I sand both sides. Gets rid of excess glue as well.
          I am not great with a belt sander.
          I would love to be able to put them through a drum sander.

Comment

Hadn't posted pics as there was no wood.
            Thanks to the hidden powers for making pics easier to post and choose the size and getting rid of the posts you go hmm I might not click on that.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20190502_190613.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	7702

Comment

looks awesome tarquin... just starting to plan my next and really like the light center with dark railing. Looks sharp

Comment

Working...
              X