Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo and Caption

Hi ,
    I did some testing with very thin rice paper. the one that used for lens cleaning.
    the results was very good .
    1. i place the rice paper on a A4 paper and hold it with a tape.
    2. i put the A4 paper in the laser print and print the caption and logo.
    this is the link for the rice paper:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Came...AbTest=ae803_4 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-06-04 at 12.14.35 (2).jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	7757Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-06-04 at 12.14.35 (4).jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	7758Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-06-04 at 12.13.55.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	7759Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-06-04 at 12.14.35.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	7760Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-06-04 at 12.14.35 (3).jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	7761
    i added some picture with the process and the result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-06-04 at 12.14.35 (1).jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	7764

Comment

I use Rice Paper from FoamEZ, it wets out and goes completely clear. only problem is that even the color that i print into the rice paper goes somewhat clear. I'm not sure how to have a thick and dense logo printed onto that paper. I hear screen-printing is good for that. Anybody know a good source for that?

Comment

What printer & inks are you using for color? Pigment based inks like Epson's archival inks are supposed to hold up well for color. I've only used black so do not know first hand. Also, if you can add white behind the color that should help a lot too.

I think this is the place I ordered my rice paper.... http://www.rice-paper.com/uses/surfboard.html
        Kook on a wood board.

Comment

I printed some logos on transpareny foil (there are versions for inkjet and Laser Printers availlable) Finally I have no real long term experience, but I rate the Laser "Black" a little higher.
          Place the foil on wood, but do a cheater coat and then put some resin under it that all air bubbles disappear, then glassing..., or put in on a first glass layer and top with a second, if your going for two layers anyway.
          The best surfer is the one with the biggest smile on his face...

Comment

Originally posted by sirryanlynch View Post
            I use Rice Paper from FoamEZ, it wets out and goes completely clear. only problem is that even the color that i print into the rice paper goes somewhat clear. I'm not sure how to have a thick and dense logo printed onto that paper. I hear screen-printing is good for that. Anybody know a good source for that?
            Try to change

the printer setting, you can adjust the printing quality, maybe with a higher quality it will be more dense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaharD View Post
              Try to change

the printer setting, you can adjust the printing quality, maybe with a higher quality it will be more dense.
              plus check your paper / media setting.... typically a printer will lay down more ink on a matte paper as opposed to a glossy. you may need to experiment.
              Kook on a wood board.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I’ll give all suggestions a shot!

Comment

Working...
                X