Convert wood board into bar table?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert wood board into bar table?

Smashed a nice big hole in the bottom of my hollow board. I've been having a tough time planning the best process to patch it up without ruining the board’s flawless beauty. Though the West System 105/207 will probably catch most, there also seem to be a number of additional microscopic breaches in the seal where water could get in and I'm worried I might miss some.

I've got it set up in my shop and keep getting blown away at how BEAUTIFUL she looks, especially in the light.

In my build / repair process research, I saw a piece that caught my attention. I was thinking that instead of trying to do a full repair and risk imperfection, it might be pretty interesting to just do a quick patch and convert the board into a bar.

It’s 12 feet long, pretty wide, gorgeous, and could be a sweet addition to a pool deck, man cave… hell, maybe even throw that baby in the dining room (100% chance I don’t get approval on that).

Has anyone ever tried this before?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
    JB

When it's on the shaping stand it is always a bar!!! You could build a nice looking shaping stand, add shelves and maybe a small fridge or kegerator. I would be concerned with rocker & drink spillage.
    Kook on a wood board.

Comment

Pictures!!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin keith View Post
        When it's on the shaping stand it is always a bar!!! You could build a nice looking shaping stand, add shelves and maybe a small fridge or kegerator. I would be concerned with rocker & drink spillage.
        I am fine with drink spillage, but yes that will probably be the biggest issue. Not very significant rocker though.

Initial plan:
        - Scrapping an antique table with legs that screw off (ideally)
        - Unscrew the legs and remove the blocks with the female leg screw bits
        - Route out a square in each corner and insert female bit blocks
        - Seal fully and recoat

From there, if everything works out as planned, I should have a beautiful 12-foot table that breaks down for transportation.

Will certainly update along the way!

Comment

Working...
        X